The Backpackers Place – Your Gateway to Uganda
P.O Box 483, Entebbe
Phone: +256 (0)712 849973, +256 (0)782 241044, +256 (0)702 473534
Entebbe Backpackers is located on Plot 33/35 along Church Road in the safest and secure Entebbe neighbourhood with paved (tarmacked) roads and solar night time lighting 5 Kilometers from Entebbe International Airport.
The Entebbe Backpackers is located along Church Road; only 700 metres from the Kampala – Entebbe Airport Road on the left side of the road if driving towards the airport, just after the Windsor Lake Victoria Hotel opposite the Uganda Printing and Publishing Cooperation (UPPC) and just before the Shell Fuel Station.
FACILITIES AT FRANK’S
The campsite has a large clean garden with beautiful flowers, green grass and trees and you are sure to feel very much at home in our great feel-good environment. There is ample camping space for those wishing to pitch tents. The hostel and campsite is very securely fenced with 24 Hour CCTv surveillance and is well lit at night.
The Hostel consists of twelve rooms of various sizes, standards and prices (including 4 self-contained garden cottage style rooms) and two-eight person maximum capacity self-contained dormitories with storage lockers.
ACCOMMODATION RATES 2019 (All inclusive of 18% Value Added Tax)
- Camping costs USD 4 – per person per night (with own tent)
- Camping costs USD 6 – per person per night (with our tent)
- RM 1. Double room with own shower and toilet and private settee ( one big bed) – USD 30
- RM 2. Single room with own shower and toilet (one bed) – USD 15
- RM 3. Triple room with one double size bed and two bunk beds and own shower and toilet ( 3 beds total) – USD 30
- RM 4. Single room with communal/ shared facilities (one bed) – USD 9
- RM 5. Double room with communal/ shared facilities (one bed) – USD 11
- RM 6. Double room with communal/ shared facilities (one bed) – USD 11
- RM 7. Twin room with own shower and toilet (two beds) – USD 30
- RM 9. Single cottage style room with own shower and toilet (one bed) – USD 15
- RMs 10, 11 & 12. Double/Twin cottage style rooms with own showers and toilets ( two beds each room) – USD 30
- RM 13. Double room with own shower and toilet ( one bed) – USD 18
- Dormitories 1 and 2. 8 Bunk beds in each dorm room with own shower and toilet – USD 8 per person per night.
- All beds are fitted with Mosquito nets, we have both a solar and instant hot shower system installed and we operate a solar lighting system as well which ensures full time lighting even when the National grid experiences unexpected power outages.
- All above rates are inclusive of Local Council Hotel Tax levied per room per night.
- Prices DO NOT include Breakfast. We have a restaurant open from 8:00a.m to 8pm from where guests can order various food and drinks whose costs vary depending on what’s ordered for but are very affordable.
- We accept payments in US Dollars, Euros, Ugandan Shillings or Pound Sterling. Advance payments can also be made through bank wire transfer but this is not a necessity.
We appreciate and prefer a more personal interaction with you to sort out your accommodation or other requirement and so kindly email us directly on email@example.com for advance bookings or call us on our various phone contacts listed at the top of the page for that urgent booking.
From Entebbe Backpackers, it is easy to connect to the Ssese Islands (Kalangala) and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary at Ngamba Island in Lake Victoria. A visit to the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre and the Botanical Gardens in Entebbe is also easy as we are in proximity of these places. We also gladly arrange guided tours to the above two places as well as the Mabamba swamp for the Shoe bill stork enthusiasts
Public transport to and from Kampala runs on the main Entebbe – Kampala road throughout the day into late evening hours for UGX 3,000 per person.
Transport locally in Entebbe is available using small motor cycles known as boda bodas at rates ranging between UGX 1,000- to UGX 5,000- depending on the distance of the journey.
Airport Pickup costs USD 8 and Airport Drop-off costs USD 6. This is at any time of the day or night. Transfers to Kampala city centre or within a 5km radius cost USD 30.
We have a restaurant open from 8:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m every day.
We offer a variety of well-priced delicious meals prepared on order from our menu.
Our chefs guarantee to cook you a distinctly tasty Backpackers meal.
We also have a bar open to our guests and we will serve you that well priced cold Ugandan or Foreign beer, a variety of soft drinks as well as Wines, Whiskeys and Spirits.